For each $100 donated to Sabre, Sabre can ship up to $3,000 worth of NEW books.* We only send books that are requested - see Sabre's book donation philosophy
Sabre currently offers three modes of financial donation for contributors:
- Online Donations — make a secure online donation through our website.
- Financial Donation Form — download the financial donation form and mail it to us with your check, money order or credit card payment. or...
- Electronic Funds Transfer — download the electronic funds transfer form and mail it to us authorizing a funds transfer from your bank account.
Sabre's IRS 501(c)(3) status letter certificate is available here. (pdf 942KB). Sabre's IRS 501(c)(3) tax designation number is: 23-7042881.
Sabre's supporters have been consistently impressed over the years by two measures important to donors:
- Cost-effectiveness - Sabre's lean staffing and no-frills operation mean that donations go into substantive programs and not administration.
- Program Scope and Focus - each 20-ft container-load shipped has a fair market value of between $250,000 to $750,000 (sometimes more), depending on the kind of books; a 40-ft container holds approximately 12,000 to 16,000 tertiary level books. Because Sabre ships titles in multiple copies, each and every student can have a text.
*This figure includes pro-rated: book procurement, shipment preparation and freight costs.
For more information on financial donations to Sabre, please contact:
- Ken Mackler, Comptroller
Contributions to Sabre Foundation are tax-deductible. Your employer may match your donation.